Fri, Dec 09|
Town of Hooksett Police Department
Basic Report Writing - Hooksett, NH ($160)
Hosted by the Hooksett, NH Police Department
Time & Location
Dec 09, 2022, 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM
Town of Hooksett Police Department, 15 Legends Dr, Hooksett, NH 03106, USA
About The Event
- Cost is $160 per student for the two day course.
- Once registered, an email will be sent to you with payment instructions.
- Registration may be paid by check, credit card or ACH.
This 1-day class is designed for law enforcement officers seeking to improve, or refresh, upon their report writing skills. This course is for newer officers and veterans alike. Mello Consulting’s Report Writing course, like all our courses, are injected with real world examples, relevant teachings and backed by years of experience. Attendees will come away from this course with solid and effective strategies for report writing that will improve their cases, courtroom performance and career opportunities.
Topics will include:
· Identifying the goals of a police report and the audiences who will read them
· Learning straight-forward and effective report writing techniques
· Specialty reports, such as Use of Force reports, Pursuit reports and affidavits
· Avoiding common report writing errors
· Using reports to prepare for testifying during court and administrative hearings
· How to properly and thoroughly articulate facts within report narratives to mitigate possible suppression issues and improve the likelihood of successful prosecutions
· How to use field notes
· Tips for proof reading to increase readability
· Use of active vs. passive voice and first person vs. third person
Instructor: Chief Richard Mello (Retired)