Wed, Apr 08|
Holliston Police Department
Interview and Interrogation - Holliston, MA ($275)
Hosted by the Holliston, Massachusetts Police Department
Time & Location
Apr 08, 2020, 8:30 AM – Apr 09, 2020, 4:30 PM
Holliston Police Department, 550 Washington St, Holliston, MA 01746, USA
About The Event
- Cost is $275 per student for the two day course. ($225 per officer for 5 or more officers from the same agency)
- Once registered, an email will be sent to you with payment instructions.
- Registration may be paid by check, credit card or ACH.
The two-day Interview and Interrogation course is designed to provide students with the skills, background and information necessary to conduct successful interviews and interrogations in a variety of circumstances. Students will be taught how to obtain information effectively through various methods and techniques. Students will learn effective verbal and non-verbal communication skills and how to detect deception through both verbal and non-verbal observations and cues. This course is a must for both officers and investigators of any rank.
- Theories and methods of interviews and interrogations
- Structure of questions to elicit admissions
- Electronic recording requirements
- Factors leading to false confessions
- Interviewer Characteristics
- Preparation and planning
- Strategies for establishing a report
- Addressing and mitigating denials
- Role of Miranda
- Behavioral Symptom Analysis
- Eyewitness ID Procedures
Captain Kevin Dinapoli has over 20 years of progressive law enforcement and investigative experience. Before retiring from his career with the Hudson, New Hampshire Police Department, Captain Dinapoli served in various rolls as he rose through the ranks of the agency. He has received awards for his investigative work and is a certified Polygraph Examiner. He currently serves as the Captain/Executive Officer, and Accreditation Manager, of the Wenham, Massachusetts Police Department.