Police Supervisor Course - Tilton, NH ($350)
Time & Location
About The Event
- Cost is $350 per student for the three day course. ($300 per officer for 5 or more officers from the same agency)
- Once registered, an email will be sent to you with payment instructions.
- Registration may be paid by check, credit card or ACH.
This class is designed for both new and established supervisors. The Police Supervisor Course is a best-practices, reality-based training course, rather than just focusing on concepts and philosophies. Effective leadership and supervision is achieved by not only utilizing tried and true supervision and leadership concepts, but also by understanding how the academic definitions of these concepts and philosophies function in the realities of day to day law enforcement supervision. Newly promoted, and established, supervisors and managers of all ranks and experience can benefit from this class.
- Students will learn about good v. bad supervisor and leader behaviors.
- Students will learn to effectively use discipline, recognition and rewards to achieve organizational goals.
- Students will learn how to effectively counsel, coach, motivate and mentor along with the importance of team building.
- Students will learn about their leadership style.
- Students will learn about effective communication skills and conflict management.
- Students will learn how to build credibility with their subordinates and within the organization.
- Students will learn about Emotional Intelligence through a personal assessment and instruction on how to improve, and effectively utilize, Emotional Intelligence, to be an effective leader and supervisor.
- Students will learn about Risk Management, including Supervisor and Vicarious Liability, along with Civil Rights.
- Students will learn about "Problem Solving" in both organizational and external environments.
- Students will learn about taking "Ownership" and how to challenge their subordinates to do the same.
- Students will learn how to get and give "buy-in."
- Students will learn how to effectively utilize personnel evaluations and performance measures.
- Students will learn about the supervisor's role in pursuing and achieving departmental goals and initiatives.
- Students will learn about active v. passive supervision.
- Students will learn how to identify, mitigate and address employee bad behaviors.
- Students will learn about rank transitions, including the initial transition to becoming a supervisor.
- Students will learn about their role in receiving citizen complaints.
Chief Richard Mello has over twenty-five years of progressive law enforcement experience and is a military veteran. Over the course of his career, Chief Mello has experienced all levels of supervision and leadership, in both the law enforcement and military realms. Chief Mello uses a realistic approach in teaching the concepts of leadership and supervision to police supervisors. This course will be provide police supervisors with the information they need to be successful at any rank.
Who should attend:
Newly promoted supervisors, as well as, established supervisors of all ranks and experience, can benefit from this course.
The Police Supervisor Course is a 3 day course.